Wednesday, July 16, 2014

45 Things That I Remember as I Hit 45

Well lets start of by saying that today I am 45 yrs old. Woohoo! (please note sarcasm). With this milestone, I am surprised that I have made it this long. I thought I would blog about things I remember growing up, in no particular order...

1. Cds
2. VCRs (Please be kind and rewind)
3. Walkmans (For those of you not in the know, walkmans played cassette tapes)
4. Cassette Tapes (Little reel to reel devices you recorded music on)
5. When MTV played actual music videos.
6. LPs also known as records 
7. Bikes with a banana seat
8. The Mullet and yes at one point in my life I had one. Dont judge me!
9. TVs with dials,rabbit ears and once midnight rolled around National Anthem was played         and you got a test pattern.
10. Select TV and On TV were your only Premium Cable stations.
11. The greatest toy ever made was the Evil Knievel stunt cycle.
12. Ticket books for amusement parks.
13. Playing outside with friends till street lamps came on. Then hearing parents yell for the           the kids to come inside.
14. Roller skates 
15. Vehicles made from Steel
16. Riding in the back of a station wagons back seat that faced the opposite way.
17. Riding in the back of a truck
18. Giving yourself third degree burns on a metal park slide.
19. Atari, Collecovision, Intellivision, and the Commodore 64.
20. Rotary Dial phones.
21. Getting a page and trying to find a phone.
22. Smuggling friends into a drive in movie via the trunk of a car.
23. UHF and VHF
24. Star Wars was the end all be all movie.
26. Getting spanked at school was not considered corporal punishment.
27. Trapper Keepers
28. Making your own book covers out of paper bags and Pee Chee folders
29. Playing a record backwards to hear a message about the devil.
30. Saturday morning Cartoons.
31. Kung Fu Theater.
32. Denim Jackets 
33. Rock music buttons to pin on aforementioned denim jacket.
34. Being cool if you could afford Levis
35. Being uncool if you wore Wranglers
36. Snap bracelets 
37. Jelly Shoes I never had those, but the wife did!
38. Safety Dance
39. Schoolhouse Rock
40. Reading Rainbow and the Electric Company
41. Wax coke bottles and lips
42. Davey and Goliath on Sunday mornings
43. Doctor Demento radio show
44. Boom Boxes and Parachute pants
45. Arcades

This list brings back some memories I love and some I would like to forget. (See #8 The mullet) By the way when did Metallica, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Poison, Warrant, Pearl Jam, and Sound Garden become Classic Rock? 


        

No comments:

Post a Comment